Say you study accounting and need to come up with completely new idea in the field that would serve a firm background for your further development in this niche. At first it may seem frustrating, since accounting belongs to exact sciences where all fundamental discoveries have already been made. However, like any other subject accounting has built the whole network of interdisciplinary connections with other areas of expertise, like banking, mathematics, finance and even management. This is where you can draw inspiration for dissertation topic ideas from. Here are a few on the top of my head:
- Teaching accounting: a comparative analysis of EU and US establishments;
- Gender aspect: Women or men in accounting;
- Accounting ethics: Insight into the problem;
- International accounting norms: Is there a possibility of integrity between US and EU?
- Banking in EU: Analysis of management issues;
- Internet banking: Current status and prospects;
Further dissertation topic development: Testing and modificationsEven if it seems to you that you’ve found a good idea for your dissertation, don’t jump for joy. The hardest part of this painstaking process is still ahead. Before you fully commit to the greatest research project in your life you should check your idea for practicability. In other words, you should make sure that your topic will make a valuable contribution to the field.
Imagine that you’re going to write on one of psychology dissertation topics. Let it be cognitive psychology mainly “Time perception under various circumstances”. Checking this topic for practicability will comprise:
- Doing small research to see whether this topic is viable enough. You should have undeniable proves that time perception does vary depending on circumstances;
- Checking up for sufficient number of info sources and knowledgeable experts in the field;
- Scanning of existing literature on the topic;
Finally, deciding on course for your independent research project be they fashion dissertation topics or biology topics, you should rely on quality information. So make it your main criteria when selecting a topic for dissertation. After all nothing will save your thesis topic if isn’t based on quality information.